Using the Student Server
Once you follow some steps (below) and type in a password, a special folder appears on your computer. You copy files to the server by dragging the files to that special folder.
• It's also good for making backups of your projects.
• You will occasionally be asked to turn in your projects to a folder on the server.
• Don't use it to store the original copies of your files--it's too slow for that.
• Don't put anything private or important there--it's not secure, and it will be erased at least twice a year.
2. In the Server Address box, type osxsrv1.jlhs.nhusd.k12.ca.us and click Connect.
3. Enter the name and password for your class (posted on the wall), then click Connect:
4. Select "Students" when it asks you which volumes you wish to mount, and click OK.
5. Wait for a window to open with a bunch of numbered folders in it. When it opens, scroll down to yours.
If your login name was s1078, for instance, scroll down to that number and double-click on it.
9. If you're not here to turn something in, but are here instead to create a place to store your files (for backup or to move files from one computer to another), then make a folder in here with your name on it, and drag your files into that folder.
10. ALL THESE STEPS? Every time I want to log on? What a pain! I agree.